West Australian Ballet and Ballet.id jointly present Indonesian Youth Ensemble (IYE).
The IYE serves as a great opportunity for Indonesian Dancers to be involved in the creation of new dance work, where selected dancers will have an intensive dance class and rehearsal with the choreographer of West Australian Ballet on a new choreography and perform in Historia at Gedung Kesenian Jakarta on July 7th, 2019.
This initiative started in 2016 as a platform for collaboration and cultural exchange between Indonesia and Australia Dancers and Artists. In 2017 this program was recognized for their work building cultural bridges and creating successful partnerships and collaborations between Indonesia and Australia, therefore this partnership received an award from The Australian Government at the Indonesia Australia Business Week 2017 Gala Dinner.
With the support from Australian Embassy Jakarta, we bring back IYE program this year to Jakarta.
Register now! Get the opportunity to work with West Australian Ballet choreographer and perform in Historia!
- Male and female dancers
- Age 15 y.o - over
- Indonesian Citizen
- Advanced level
- Ballet trained
- Submit Short Bio + headshot
2. Important Dates
- Registration Open now
- APPLICATION DEADLINE : 23rd June 2019
- Audition & notification of acceptance : 30th June 2019 ( After the audition)
3. Rehearsal Schedule
Successful candidates will be required to attend ALL rehearsals and performances on the following:
4. Application Process
- Complete the online registration here.
- Do payment of IDR 100,000 by bank transfer to BCA account 7310-28-48-28 (Meutia Chaerani)
- 3. Send email to email@example.com with the subject "IYE2019 <Your Full Name>" and attach:
a) Scan of birth certificate or passport or ID Card,
b) Scan proof of payment transfer,
5. The Audition
- The Audition will be in the form of normal ballet class & choreography session, which is conducted and judged by West Australian Ballet. Audition participant do not need to have a special preparation, however participants are expected to be warm before the audition class begins.
- Audition is closed to the public, only audition participants and committee members may be present in audition venue.
6. After Passing the Audition
- The committee will announce audition result for Youth Ensemble (YE) after the audition finished.
- The committee will give the contract to IYE dancers, which must be signed on the affixed stamp duty, and returned to committee. If YE member is 18 year-old or older, he/she may sign his/her contract, else his/her parents or guardian needs to sign the contract on his/her behalf.
About the choreographer
Christopher Hill trained at the Australian Ballet School. He joined the Australian Ballet in 2001 andhas danced with the Norwegian National Ballet, The Royal Ballet of Flanders Belgium, and West Australian Ballet as a soloist.
He has danced numerous featured soloist roles within the classical and contemporary repertoire. Christopher appeared in the 1st Indonesian Ballet Gala in 2015 partnering Juliet Burnett in Giselle, and has also performed in and presented his original choreographic works ‘Echoes of a Possible Future’ and ‘The Clearest Light’ in Jakarta. As a choreographer and composer, he has created ten world premiere works for West Australian Ballet.
His latest work ‘Spirit’ premiered in March 2019 for the West Australian Ballet Youth Ensemble in Australia. Christopher’s 2017 work ‘The Clearest Light’ received a nomination for outstanding achievement in choreography at the 2017 Australian Dance Awards.